ESSENTIAL DUTIES / FUNCTIONS
- Opens and closes the pro shop while adhering to the opening / closing checklist to ensure all tasks are completed.
- Greets guests and players, both in person and over the phone.
- Processes all pro shop sales, and ensures that the register is balanced at the end of the day.
- Books tee times and lessons over the phone and in person. Handles all guest inquiries.
- Assists with member management, and helps track participation in leagues, clubs, tournaments, etc.
- Communicates effectively with professional staff to ensure prompt service to guests requiring assistance.
- Maintains strong knowledge of pro shop merchandise and assists with inventory, restocking and designing displays.
- Routinely inspects all guest areas (restrooms, lobby, patio, etc.) to ensure that each area is clean and organized.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Some knowledge of the game of golf, rules of golf, and golf facility operations is preferred.
- Ability to keep accurate records and run sales reports for management as requested.
- Strong customer service skills. Positive, customer-focused attitude.
- Ability to work well and communicate effectively within a team environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends, holidays and a variety of shifts.
- Experienced with computers and various software products, and comfortable using a cash register / POS system.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, see, and use hands and fingers to touch, handle, grasp, push and pull. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work is generally performed indoors, and may include lifting up to 30 lbs. on occasion. The noise level is usually moderate.
The Town of Frederick is centrally located along the northern section of Colorado’s beautiful Front Range of the Rocky Mountains. Frederick has experienced unprecedented population growth in the last decade, but has managed to hold onto its small town charm. In 2019, Frederick was named the safest mid-sized city in Colorado, and USA Today named Frederick the best place to live in the State of Colorado. We strive to be an employer of choice in the northern metro Denver area by offering our employees a rich benefits package, competitive pay, and a diverse and inclusive culture. We consider ourselves a family. We love to have fun, we empower each other to do our best every day, and we reach out to help each other whenever help is needed. We are dedicated to providing friendly, efficient and innovative services and programs that serve to enrich the lives of our residents.