EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Seasonal / Temporary
NATURE OF WORK
- Under supervision of the Parks Supervisor, the Seasonal Maintenance Technician is primarily responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of the Town’s parks, trails and open space areas. Duties may include mowing, trimming, weed control, cleaning debris, fertilizing, trash removal, and other duties as assigned.
- Seasonal Maintenance Technicians may be assigned to assist on other projects related to street maintenance, water and/or storm water system maintenance, and/or general maintenance of Town facilities.
- Seasonal Maintenance Technicians perform frequently strenuous work for extended periods of time and must work outdoors in all types of weather conditions.
- This is a seasonal / temporary assignment, typically working 40 hours per week, during the summer months (April / May through August / September).
- Performs required labor for park maintenance as part of a work crew or individually, including mowing and trimming, sprinkler system maintenance, cleaning debris, fertilizing, trash removal, etc.
- May assist in projects related to street construction and maintenance, water and/or storm water system maintenance, and/or general maintenance of Town facilities.
- May operate a variety of light and heavy equipment in the performance of the job duties that may include front-end loader, backhoe, skidsteer, pickup truck, various hand and power tools, and numerous other pieces of equipment used to perform assigned job duties
- Ensures the proper maintenance of equipment and tools by cleaning and checking equipment and tools after use. Assists with cleaning and organization of shop area. Reports any defects or needed repairs to the Supervisor.
- Ensures the safety of all crew employees and regulatory compliance with pertinent safety standards. Ensures compliance with traffic laws, traffic control policies, ordinances, and rules while performing tasks.
- Assists with special projects and performs related work as required.
- Working knowledge of equipment, supplies, tools, materials, methods and procedures used in maintenance, landscaping, construction and/or repair activities is preferred.
- Ability to lift heavy objects, walk, stand, bend, lift and perform strenuous physical labor in all weather conditions is required.
- Ability to understand and carry out written and verbal instructions in English, and to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, other departments and the public.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team, and to complete daily activities according to the assigned work schedule.
- Some experience performing maintenance, landscaping, construction or repair duties is preferred.
- Must be at least 17 years of age with a valid Colorado driver’s license and a safe driving record. Must maintain proof of a safe driving record for continued employment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to see, talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to touch, handle, grasp or operate objects, tools, or controls, as well as to reach, push and pull with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, crouch, squat, twist, climb, balance, stoop, bend, kneel, and/or crawl.
- Due to the physical nature of this position, sufficient physical stamina, mobility and dexterity are required.
- Must be able to frequently lift and/or move objects weighing up to 75 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move objects weighing up to 150 pounds.
- Must be able to work in high places or confined spaces.
- Employee will regularly work outdoors, including in inclement weather conditions, and possibly in extreme temperatures (exceeding 100 degrees to below-zero cold weather).
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to fumes, moving mechanical parts, airborne particles, and vehicular traffic.
The Town of Frederick is centrally located along the northern section of Colorado’s beautiful Front Range of the Rocky Mountains. Frederick has experienced unprecedented population growth in the last decade, but has managed to hold onto its small town charm. In 2019, Frederick was named the safest mid-sized city in Colorado, and USA Today named Frederick the best place to live in the State of Colorado. We strive to be an employer of choice in the northern metro Denver area by offering our employees a rich benefits package, competitive pay, and a diverse and inclusive culture. We consider ourselves a family. We love to have fun, we empower each other to do our best every day, and we reach out to help each other whenever help is needed. We are dedicated to providing friendly, efficient and innovative services and programs that serve to enrich the lives of our residents.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)