Rate of Pay: $13 per hour
Are you looking for an internship where you carry a lot of coffee, spend your days making copies and don’t get to use the education you’ve worked so hard to receive? Then stop reading and look elsewhere. The Town of Frederick has an incredible internship opportunity open for a go-getter who is motivated, organized, creative and excited to learn more about real-world marketing, event planning, project management, PR, graphic design and much more. At the end of this internship, you’ll have a full resume as well as quality experience to draw from in interviews as you begin your career.
As the Communications & Engagement Intern, you will fully execute Finale Fridays & Frederick Market. The skills you will gain from this are event and vendor management, contract execution, coordinating volunteers, project management, booking entertainment, determining event layout and running the show. You will also be responsible for creating and following through with a marketing plan. From social media posts to writing press releases, to placing advertisements, you will put your marketing ideas to work and track the results.
The internship will start in May, after school has ended, and work part-time through September (20 hours per week during summer, and adjusted once school starts for fall semester). Working the last Friday night of each month June through September, four additional Friday nights June – September and at least three Saturdays for signature events will be required. This internship pays a $13/hour plus internship credit based on your school’s requirements.
- Assist Communications & Engagement department with planning and execution of events such as Chainsaws & Chuckwagons, Frederick in Flight and Miners Day.
- Responsible for assisting in the development, layout, and design of various promotional materials, using Adobe Photoshop and InDesign.
- Write news releases, web copy, media pitches, and social media updates.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be available May through September.
- Must be pursuing a degree in Marketing, Communications, Business or related study.
- Must be comfortable supervising vendor interaction and being the primary decision-maker on Finale Fridays & Frederick Market related issues.
- Must be a creative and enthusiastic team player with a positive and self-starter attitude!
The Town of Frederick is centrally located along the northern section of Colorado’s beautiful Front Range of the Rocky Mountains. Frederick has experienced unprecedented population growth in the last decade, but has managed to hold onto its small town charm. In 2019, Frederick was named the safest mid-sized city in Colorado, and USA Today named Frederick the best place to live in the State of Colorado. We strive to be an employer of choice in the northern metro Denver area by offering our employees a rich benefits package, competitive pay, and a diverse and inclusive culture. We consider ourselves a family. We love to have fun, we empower each other to do our best every day, and we reach out to help each other whenever help is needed. We are dedicated to providing friendly, efficient and innovative services and programs that serve to enrich the lives of our residents.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)